Public Works, Water and Sewerage
Our customer service office is located in the Department of Public Works Administration Building at 2951 Greenfield Rd. South of I-94. Our staff is committed to providing the best service to all our customers.
Water & Sewerage Division Hours
Monday through Friday 7:30am -4:30pm
- After hours emergency: 313.943.2100
- Water Main Breaks / Service Leaks: 313.943.2306 / 943.2307
- Sinkholes / Flooded basements: 313.943.2042/ 943.2307
- Backflow Prevention: 313 943.2667 / 943.4468
- E-mail: Water and Sewerage
List of services
- Provides customer information regarding billing, emergencies and other divisional activities.
- Provides 24 hour 7 day a week availability of personnel for emergency water repairs, drainage and sewerage backups, flooding and other customer service requests.
- Reads and services approximately 33,000 metered accounts.
- Responds to customer service requests for field investigations on high bill complaints, flooded basements, plugged sewer lines, connections, sinkholes, water quality complaints and other service delivery concerns.
- Provides maintenance, repair and cleaning of sewers, catch basins and frames, manholes, broken crock, sewer and drainage pipe.
- Performs water main and valve repairs, inspections, construction and maintenance.
- Performs service line repairs, disconnections and new taps.
- Performs hydrant repairs, inspections, maintenance, installations, relocation and removals. Performs maintenance and repair of park fountains.
- Manages a city wide Cross Connection Control Program.
- Provides cross divisional and departmental assistance for City events and functions.
- Provides crisis emergency assistance for city wide storm damage and other disasters.
Reporting a Water Main Break
If you are reporting a water main break, please inform us of any significant loss of pressure or if the water appears cloudy or rusty. We will attempt to notify all customers if and when a shut off of water will be required for repairs.
Reporting illegal dumping
If you need to report an illegal dumping incident (on a city road or street, or on any piece of property either private or public) or any other suspicious activity that could potentially have a negative impact on the environment within the City of Dearborn, please call the following hotline numbers:
- Rouge River Hotline: 1-313-943-4149
- Wayne County 24-hour Pollution Hotline & Environmental Information Hotline: 1-888-223-2363
- Michigan Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ) – Pollution Emergency Alert System: 1-800-292-4706
Reading and Billing Schedule
For payment, make checks payable to the City of Dearborn and mail to
City of Dearborn – Water
PO Box 30516
Lansing, MI 48909-8016
You may also pay your bill in person at the City Treasurer’s Office at Dearborn City Hall. (CHECK YOUR ACCOUNT # ON YOUR BILL FOR THE ZONE.)
View current water rates and the City's water rate ordinance
Main Replacement Projects
Please contact our Engineering Division at 313.943.2145 for information regarding the water main replacement project in your area.
Call three full working days before you dig 800.482.7171. The MISS DIG member utilities will mark the approximate location of their underground public utility lines at no charge.
Automatic Bill Payment
Service Disconnection Request
Service Tap Request
Contractors And New Customers
Consumer Confidence Report
Customer Service Fees
Water Bill Payment Options
American Public Works Association
Environmental Protection Agency
Michigan Department of Environmental Quality