What's new at CityofDearborn.org
Welcome to the new CityofDearborn.org! The City’s website has been refreshed with a whole new look and organizational structure. Below, find some details on the new features.
The website’s main navigation across the top of the home page now includes seven categories, five of which are new to the site. These new sections are:
- Residents – This area is tailored to meet the needs of those who call Dearborn “home,” including information on City services and getting involved in the community at large.
- Business – This area focuses on resources businesses can use to thrive in the City, including links to the chambers of commerce, the downtown development authorities, permits and more.
- Visitors – This area takes a look at the City from an outsider’s eye and provides useful information for planning a trip to Dearborn as well as things to do once in the City.
- News & Events – This is the place to discover the who, what, where, when, why and how about Dearborn. Browse City publications, watch CDTV programming online, search for City events or get the latest news about City happenings.
- How Do I…? – This new feature is designed to help you find information without knowing which department provides the service. Eight categories provide quick links to answers of some of the City’s most frequently asked questions.
Two categories—Government and City Departments—remain the same as the former website design.
Home Page Layout
The City’s home page is now divided into three main sections: popular items, features and a news hub.
- The left column of the home page functions as a collection of the most popular City items at any given time. The Popular Links area gathers the most visited pages of our website into a handy box for quick reference and access. The column also contains links to external City-run websites and spotlight items of interest to the Dearborn community.
- The middle column of the home page acts as a visual showcase of Dearborn using feature stories, images and videos produced by City of Dearborn Television.
- The right column of the home page highlights different ways to connect with the City of Dearborn. Whether you choose one of the City’s social networks, subscriptions to police alerts and/or the City’s official eNewsletter, the latest news from City Hall, or participating in one of the City’s many events each year, this column of the website helps you stay in touch with the City.