City of Dearborn Facebook Comment Policy
City of Dearborn
Facebook Comment Policy
Welcome to the City of Dearborn, Michigan’s official Facebook page, which is maintained and monitored by staff members in the City’s Department of Public Information
We like comments and interaction from residents and visitors. After all, that’s what social media is about, right? We will be courteous and professional in our postings and ask that you do the same. Reasonable arguments for opposing views are encouraged. We do not delete or censor comments unless they have content that:
- contains a personal attack, insult, racial slur or any other derogatory term
- defames any person or organization
- is off-topic and unrelated to the original post
- uses foul language or is sexually explicit
- promotes hate or discrimination of any kind
- is blatant spam, including advertising commercial services or products
- encourages illegal activity or violates any local, state or federal law
- contains private or personal information
- endorses candidates or a particular stance on an active ballot measure or specific legislation
- is reported as abuse
- contains random or unintelligible text
- compromises the safety or security of the public or public systems
- violates a legal ownership interest of any other party
- contains images, videos or links to sites that do not conform to these guidelines
Repeated violations of the above comment policy may cause the author to be permanently blocked from the City of Dearborn’s Facebook page.
We understand that social media is a 24/7 medium; however, our moderation capabilities are not. We may not see every inappropriate comment right away. We trust in the maturity of our community to ignore personal attacks and negative speech or respond politely. If a user posts a comment that requires a response, it will be answered within two business days between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
A posted comment (which could be in the form of text, image, video or hyperlink) is the personal opinion of the original author--not of the City of Dearborn--and publication of a comment does not imply endorsement or agreement by the City of Dearborn.
The City of Dearborn is not responsible for the content provided on "related," "promoted" or “sponsored” ads that are accessible from this Facebook page. All viewers should note that these related ads and comments expressed on them do not reflect the opinions and position of the City of Dearborn government, its officers or employees.
The City of Dearborn does not collect, maintain or otherwise use the personal information stored on any third party site in any way other than to communicate with users on that site. Users may remove themselves at any time from the City’s “friends” or “fan” lists. Users should be aware that third party websites like Facebook have their own privacy policies and follow these policies accordingly.
This comment policy may be revised at any time to ensure its continued use is consistent with its intended purpose as a limited forum. If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please feel free to contact the City’s Department of Public Information at 313-943-2285.