Active residents 55 and older may find they feel right at home in an apartment at one of two city-owned and operated buildings offering affordable and independent living: Hubbard Manor East and Hubbard Manor West.
Amenities at the senior citizen communities include:
- One bedroom apartments.
- Reasonable monthly rents.
- All utilities are included (except phone and cable).
- Private balconies.
- Onsite laundry facilities.
- Spacious kitchen with stove and refrigerator.
- Carpet, window blinds, and central air conditioning.
- Secured entrance system.
- Complimentary bus transportation to area shopping.
- Onsite theater room, community room and library.
- Building activities planned by a resident committee.
- Community maintenance staff.
- Quiet residential area close to shopping, banking, dining and entertainment.
- Tenants can choose to have their welfare confirmed once a day. (Ask for details)
The buildings will soon offer free Wi-Fi on all floors. Security cameras are in the works, as well as a new wrought iron fence around the property at Hubbard Manor East.
“We welcome our seniors to the Dearborn Housing ‘family’ and we make every effort to take care of them the way we take care of our own family members,” said Dee-Dee Kemp-Jarrett, deputy Housing Director.
Hubbard Manor East is at 5500 Calhoun Street and Hubbard Manor West is at 22077 Beech Street.
For more information or to schedule a tour of the buildings, please call the Dearborn Housing Division at (313) 943-2390 or click on the floorplan graphic.